Tuesday, July 11, 2006

North Food

After getting back from the office, and tidying up, I thought that perhaps I’d try a vegetarian restaurant on the edge of Kazhakuttom (I can spell it now). I asked one of the guys sat in the hall if it was any good, and he said I should come with him to have dinner. So I did.

We walked to a north Indian restaurant, not far from the lodge, and on the way he told me that as he was from northern India, he did not get on well with the south Indian food, and that it gave him gas :) I turns out that he’s from Mumbai, where the bomb attacks had taken place only a few hours earlier. He was trying to phone his relatives to make sure that they were OK, although his girlfriend (also in Mumbai) had assured him that they were fine. It seemed everyone he knew was OK, and we didn’t talk about it any more.

At the restaurant, we met with one of his friends from work, and a friend of a friend, and sat down to order. It turns out that ‘North Food’ is the slowest restaurant in the world, with every table complaining to the waiter, and even offering to go into the kitchen and cook it themselves.

However when the food arrived, it was very tasty, although perhaps bread and potato for every course would give me gas?

We chatted about work, the friend of a friend had come for an interview at US Technology ( a massive company who seem to occupy most of the buildings in the Technopark) he was obviously a little nervous about it. When it came out that I’m a project manager for a UK firm, everyone wanted to know how they could get a job in the UK. I tried to explain that I had no idea, but they kept on asking :) I suggested that they might work for a company that had UK offices, and try to get transferred, at which point of course they asked me to give them a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home