Friday, July 07, 2006

Getting Around

For the first few days I have been lucky enough to be chaperoned to the office by Shashi and Vivek. The first day in an Auto (photo to follow) and the second day in Vivek’s car. Today I was planning to catch the company bus, which stops near my lodge every morning at 9:20

I woke up a little late this morning (can you say ‘beer’?) at 9:10 and rushed to catch the bus. I waited for a while at the corner, but as I was running late, and had no idea what the bus looks like, I flagged down an auto and got a ride to the office for 25 Rupees ( 30p )

The ride was pretty quick, with no near death experience this time, and I arrived at the office about two minutes before the people on the bus. I’ll try again on Monday for the bus, and be a little more patient, and a little less rushed.

Dinner last night was Prawn biryani and Fish Curry, both of which were very nice. In future I shall remember to be a little more careful though when eating the veg in the curries, as occasionally there are whole chillis. ( Ow! )

Sangeet kindly gave me a lift to and from the office after dinner so that I can call Alice on the Skype phone, which worked very well indeed and is free. Because of the time difference I have to call her after 10.30 pm.

I also have an Indian mobile which you can have the number for if you email me. It will cost me about 10p per minute to call the UK, as opposed to £1.75 if I use my orange phone (Ow! Again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home